Volunteering at Escondido helps foster a stronger relationship and bond between families, staff, students, and community. Escondido PTA has many volunteer opportunities, large and small, and the PTA Board will help you be successful. We’ll give you the tools and assist with connections to help you make the most of your volunteer time.
If you’re interested in helping out with any of the events or committees mentioned below, please fill out this online form.
ESCONDIDO 2020-2021 PTA OPEN POSITIONS
We are still seeking volunteers to help fill the open positions below for various committees. Without your help, some of the projects that these committees take on might not happen. If you’re interested in learning more about one of the jobs listed below, please contact Julia Murphy-Chutorian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Building Events
- Back to School: PTA Board
- Book Fair: Anna and Chris Saccheri
- Book Fair/Spanish: Loreto Ponce de Leon, Kristina Toland, Gloria Gonzalez
- International Fun Fair: Nancy Felch
- International Parade of Nations: Need Volunteer
- Last Day Fair: Need Volunteer
- Talent Show: Christine Klenow
- PTA Ice Cream Challenge: Verdere Philpot & Deborah Kalember
- Community Fundraisers (Tacolicious, amazonsmile, escript, etc): Need Volunteer
- PiE Representatives: Julie Wissink
- Entering Kinder Welcome Committee: Jill Paldi, Anna Saccheri and Verdere Philpot
- Escondido Wear Coordinator: Amanda Ross
- Community Service: Beto Bracho
- Family Science Night & Science Fair: Beto Bracho, Chris Philpot, Eran Bendavid
- Parent Education Coordinator: Chris Philpot & Need Volunteer
- Black History Month/MLK Day: Verdere Philpot
- Garden/Plant Coordinator (Sprouts): Beto Bracho
- Family Math Night: Brenda Dampier
- Geography Club: Need Volunteer
- Green Team: Rebecca Navarro
- Grade Level Room Parent Coordinator: Need Volunteer
- Staff Appreciation Week: Need Volunteer
Health and Safety
- COVID Supply Coordinator : Need Volunteer
- Bike Rodeo: Rachel Teetzel and Amy McCarter
- Traffic Safety Liaison: Cynthia Cataldo Boos
- Walk/Bike to School Day: Kara Baker
- What’s App Groups for classrooms: Rachel Croft &
- E-news: Rowena Ona
- Konstella Administrators: Rachel Croft & Need Volunteer
- Technology PTA Guru: Need Volunteer
- Yearbook Coordinator: Anna Saccheri & Julia Murphy-Chutorian
- Escondido PTA Website: Berdine Yuan
Community Fundraisers: Local businesses such as Tacolicious, The Counter and Linden Tree Books donate a percentage of their Escondido related proceeds during a certain time period (a week or Mondays in November) to Escondido PTA. Support local businesses that support our schools! Sign up to Volunteer!
Book Fairs: At Escondido we love to read! We especially love when Linden Tree Books brings their books to our campus so children and parents can see all the latest publications. We also have a Spanish Book fair that features hard to find Spanish literature for all ages! Sign up to Volunteer!
Escondido Sprouts: Gardening Club! Sprouts helps maintain the raised beds around campus and preps them for the beginning of the year. This year we would like to invite families to sign up for socially distanced hours during their weekend to clean up, prep and plant some of the gardens around campus. Sign up to Volunteer!
Family Math Night: Traditionally held in the Multipurpose Room on campus, and this year hopefully held online, families come together to play math themed games. Sign up to Volunteer!
Family Movie Night: Bring a picnic, blanket and some chairs and curl up with your family for an outdoor movie night on Escondido campus.
Geography Club: A 5th grade club that meets once a week and plays geography specific games while learning geography. Sign up to Volunteer!
International Fun Fair: On campus parade where students dress up and honor their ancestry. After school families come together on campus hosting booths with food and activities while children travel around the World getting stamps on their passport and learning about Escondido’s diverse community. This year we have plans to have international programs remotely if we must – so stay tuned and get ready to share your heritage with your child’s classroom. An Escondido favorite! Sign up to Volunteer!
Last Day Fair: PTA sponsors a fair on campus celebrating the last day of school. Previous years featured blow up slides, DJ, cotton candy, Bubble Soccer, face painting, Slime and more! Sign up to Volunteer!
Science Fair & Science Night: Event traditionally held in April where the kids all display their science projects in the MP Room. Scientists traditionally visit the campus during lunchtime for “Ask a Scientist”. Science night – science, Engineering and technology comes alive on Escondido campus in various classrooms by local science, engineering and technology companies providing demonstrations and hands-on activities for children. Food trucks feed everyone on campus – fun for the whole family! Sign up to Volunteer!
Talent Show: Only at Escondido! A special live performance where your child is the star! All talents are welcome, every year has a theme with creative scripts led by the 5th grade MCs. Truly a sensational event at Escondido! Sign up to Volunteer!