The Escondido PTA invites you to become a member of this active group of parents, teachers, and community members. Our primary goal is to enrich children’s educational opportunities. The PTA provides funds for special school enrichment programs including assemblies, library materials, technology, science and art enrichment and noontime activities. We also plan fun community-building events throughout the year such as a talent show, science fair, potlucks, silent auction and family math nights. Finally, we also organize parent education programs throughout the year. The Escondido PTA welcomes the involvement of all community members who want to support the education of our youngsters. You do not have to have a child enrolled at Escondido to participate!
Here are just a few ways you can help:
- Attend a PTA meeting
- Donate needed items or services
- Contribute time, expertise, or money to support our fund-raising efforts such as our silent auction
- Volunteer as a room parent
- Join a committee to plan an event
- Read with a child a few times a week in our Reading Recovery program
- Please contact any PTA member for information
The PTA membership elects officers each spring to serve a one-year term from July 1st to June 30th. Open positions may be filled by appointment of the PTA President.
PTA Meeting Schedule:
Typically, PTA meetings are held the 2nd Monday of the month during the school year at 7:00 PM in the school library. Please consult the calendar for details.