Escondido Friends Around the World: Welcome to the 2022-2023 School Year!
The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is pleased to welcome all new and returning Escondido students back to campus.
- Back to School Packet – Click Here
- REMEMBER – First bell is at 8:05 – Plan to have your child on campus between 7:55 and 8:05 a.m.
- DROP OFF: 7:55-8:05 am
- INSTRUCTION BEGINS: 8:10 am
- DISMISSAL TIMES:
- Kinder @ 11:55 am (Early Release Days through October 7th)
- K-3 @ 2:15 pm
- 4-5 @ 2:40 pm
- Wed. (Minimum Day) @ 1:20 pm
- Walking or Biking Maps – Click Here
- SPIRIT WEAR SHOP COMING SOON!
SUPPORT CLASSROOM LEARNING & SCHOOL ACTIVITIES – DONATE TO THE PTA TODAY!
Corporate Matching? Our EIN is 23-7041270
What does the Escondido PTA do? Our annual fundraiser provides money that goes directly to Escondido’s classrooms for school materials, books, and other resources that teachers need to get their class organized and ready for the school year.
Examples of some of the “stuff” that PTA funds:
- On-campus programs like Noon sports to make recess more fun and friendly for students
- Special classroom experiences like clay art projects for 3rd graders
- Palo Alto Children’s Theater
- 5th grade Revolution Walk
- Classroom Supplies
- Classroom Field Trips
- Teacher Grants
- Hands-on science enrichment programs from PA Jr Museum
- School-wide events – International Fair, Talent Show, Science Fair, Movie Night, Last Day Fair
- …and more!
Finally, we coordinate and plan school-wide community programs like Spirit Weeks, International Fair, the Escondido Talent Show, Last Day Fair, Teacher Appreciation Week, Book Fairs, Science Fair, Family Math Night, Movie Night, Escondido Spirit Wear, among others.
How can you get involved in the PTA? First – Join the PTA for $10 when you donate. Secondly, in your back to school packet we will list open volunteer roles that we need help with and we will send out volunteer requests from time to time when we need help. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you are looking to get involved and any special skills/experience you might have (financial background, event planning, gardener, artist – we love it all!)
Here are some ways you can volunteer your time to help make Escondido the special school that it is:
- PTA Executive Board Roles
- Room Parents – Please let your teacher know that you are interested in being a room parent.
- Event Leads & Teams: Join the planning and execution team for events that sound interesting and fun for you.
- Open Sign ups: Sign up when the request for volunteers goes out.