Welcome to Escondido’s 2021-2022 School Year!
The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is pleased to welcome all new and returning Escondido students back to campus.
- Back to School Packet – Click Here
- REMEMBER – First bell is at 8:05 – Plan to have your child on campus between 7:55 and 8:05 a.m.
- SPIRIT WEAR SHOP IS NOW OPEN! Click on Pop-up Shop link: https://my.cheddarup.com/c/
SUPPORT CLASSROOM LEARNING & SCHOOL ACTIVITIES – DONATE TO THE PTA TODAY!
Corporate Matching? Our EIN is 23-7041270
What does the Escondido PTA do? Our annual fundraiser provides money that goes directly to Escondido’s classrooms for school materials, books, and other resources that teachers need to get their class organized and ready for the school year. Examples of some of the programs that PTA funds:
- On-campus programs like Play Works and Noon sports to make recess more fun and friendly for students
- Special classroom experiences like clay art projects for 3rd graders
- Theatreworks plays
- 5th grade Revolution Walk
- Virtual and in-person field trips
Finally we coordinate and plan Spirit Weeks, International Fair, the Escondido Talent Show, Last Day Fair, Teacher Appreciation Week, Book Fairs, Science Fair, Family Math Night, Escondido Spirit Wear, among others.
This year we’re hopeful that we can bring back many of our traditional programs, some with minor adjustments, as well as new ones we created last year. Bear with us if dates or locations occasionally change on the fly – we’re doing our best to bring as much back as we can this year within the permitted guidelines.
How can you get involved in the PTA? First – Join the PTA for $10 when you donate. Secondly, in your back to school packet we will list open volunteer roles that we need help with and we will send out volunteer requests from time to time when we need help. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you are looking to get involved and any special skills/experience you might have (financial background, event planning, gardener, artist – we love it all!) Here are some ways you can volunteer your time to help make Escondido the special school that it is:
- PTA Executive Board Roles
- Room Parents – Please let your teacher know that you are interested in being a room parent.
- Event Leads & Teams: Join the planning and execution team for events that sound interesting and fun for you.
- Open Sign ups: Sign up when the request for volunteers goes out.